Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hermitting, less stitching!

Hello! Yippee! It seems someone (2 new someones) are now followers! I hope to have something to show for last weekend's IHSW!  All I can say is, everytime I went to stitch the Evergreen (day 5) , the dreaded "frog" was with me and the last time I actually touched it was last Saturday! I understand that putting it down is the best thing to do when the frog visits you.. so that's what I'm doing!  I'm seriously debating "fudging" (I don't know what the technical term is) it, and just actually going on so I can break out the champagne for finishing a square! lol

Okay everyone, I've decided to do SB Santa's Christmas and the PS together..I need a rotation after all.. I mean, when you put down the work that isn't working, for a fresh one ... that refreshes you, too!  The only thing is I am afraid to cut linen!  Everything I have is already pre-cut (except for the Aida of course), and I'm scared of making a mistake!  My LNS is no help either, offering to sell me big pieces, not the exact size I want!  However, never daunted, I have already counted the stitches and all that's left to do is the actual measuring and cutting!  Measure 2x, cut once?  Wish me luck!

Real luck has been in short supply... one week of no internet, having to fiz hacking problems (both mine and mom's), time spent doing things for my mom and aunt, etc etc...  I need a HUGE dose of luck as I am very afraid of cutting wrong!

In the meantime I've picked up a UFO which will soon be a finish.. will hurry up with the posting for tomorrow!

Anyway.. have a great weekend, friends!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you, linen is scary to cut sometimes. I am sure that you will do just fine and you will feel better and more comfortable with it as you practice.
    The way they do it in the store is using a calculator. I usually do what you do, count the stitches and check that my counting aligns with what the calulator tells me. They usually recommend adding 6 in in width and 6 in in length to allow for framing (I am so cheap that I usually ony get 2-4 in extra...)
    Let me know if you'd like for me to send you the calculation formula that is used and I'll be happy to do so! Wow - odd that your LNS won't sell you a special cut. Usually they have no problems with that, since they usually bump up the price by quite a bit...

    Rotation, rotation, what would life be without the rotation? I love the many crazy piles of WIPs in my house! I can't stitch on just one thing at the time, unless I am working towards a dead-line, like a pre-stitch class or something similar. LOL

    Have fun & Happy Stitching!!

    ReplyDelete