Thursday, August 18, 2011

Stash

I haven't really got much stitching done; I unpicked a few days ago and only really started again a few minutes ago.  This really reminds me of the sewing tip "count twice, sew once" as by this time I've already counted 8x and sewn twice!  Lesson learned.  Anyway things are going along swimmingly so far. 30 half stitches on Tuscan Garden  :)



I spent most of the past 2 days reading blogs and my head is awhirl with all the beautiful projects I've seen, and in between some of the stash the makers have acquired.  Seeing their stash reminded me of mine...  a nice thing happened yesterday, I found some of my old stash -- I'll show some pics of it later!


It's "later" so I've uploaded some pics.. my stash of some linens, 28 and 32 ct - didn't know I had those!  This stash is all courtesy of my dearest older cousin Avey!  She's such a brilliant needleworker (needle artist?).. Everything stitch related comes so easily to her!  And to the right, the Tattersal on which some stitching is visible.. this is the angel on Day 1 of the Whimsey and Wit pattern!  Please pattern, come out, come out, wherever you are!



Jenny, I could do with more stash  :)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't is strange how "old stash" tends to pop up? I have even been known to find charts hidden in "clever spots" just a few weeks or days after I bought the very same chart again...

    ReplyDelete